Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mustard algae....YUCK!

Today, to my dismay, Larry discovered that we have algae in our pool. YUCK! So I got the scope and started brushing the inside walls trying to get rid of it. While I am outside doing this Crosby is with me. If I walk to one side of the pool, there he is, if I turn around and go the other way, he is right there behind me. I have almost fallen over him several times, still there he is. Anyway, as I am brushing the sides of the pool, which is where most of the algae seems to be...I am thinking there has to be an easier way to get rid of this nasty yellow stuff! I went inside and got on the internet and found a product that will help with the algae. So I went to the Paddock Pool store and got an algaecide...on the back of the bottle it reads, "brush and vacuum pool surfaces thoroughly before using". Hmmmm that is what I was trying to get out of doing.

3 comments:

Brady + Marsha said...

That's funny! I can't feel that bad for you though. At least you have a pool!

jen hulet said...

That picture of crosby is too funny.
It is cute that he follows you around like that.

Becky Smith said...

Boo-hoo, boo-hoo! If you had been smart you would have a pool like mine. I can fill it up in 10 minutes and when algae starts to build up, I dump it out, scrub the sides and refill. You should look into it, Wal-Mart has them on sale for $11.99 :) Love, Becky