Thursday, March 6, 2008

Scan results today.

Well after a grueling 3 weeks, today I finally got my scan results and they were not what I was hoping for. My scan was positive, which means that the 3 RAI treatments I have had in the past have done little to get rid of what still remains in my neck. The docs have decided to do an
MRI, and get a better look at what might be going on. If that doesn't work, they will do a PET scan. They are thinking that maybe we are dealing with a small mass rather than residual thyroid cancer tissue. At any rate we will do what we need to do to get healthy and cancer free! On a positive note....I get to go back on my meds, and eat anything I want to...YAY for food!! Tonight is the eve of my belated surprise birthday party with my four daughters. I am VERY excited to see what my girlies have planned!!
Since my blog today was mainly about my thyroid, I am going to post a few pictures of what my neck looked like after I had it removed.




2 comments:

Brady + Marsha said...

Hey Kris! I'm so glad you started a blog. It is so crazy and crappy that you and Paula are having to deal with all this thyroid stuff. I miss you.
love,
Marsha

Paula said...

Seriously I can't believe it!! We are going through the same cancer stuff just a few months apart!!! I just got my stitches out from my second surgery because the radiation treatment they have been using wouldn't work this time...thankfully the PET scan worked and highlighted those little "masses" or whatever they call them. I hope all goes well for you, I'm glad you get to go back on your meds and that low iodine diet is rotten. I agree with you, Hooray for food!!