Monday, November 16, 2009

My glass ornament nightmare!!!

Okay, you've all seen them, and they are way expensive...I'm talking about the glass ornament wreaths. They run $50.00 and up.I saw this one, and decided I could make one for half the price.(picture below)

So today I bought a styrofoam wreath, ribbon, and some different sized ornaments, I wanted to make a red one. I came home and started glueing on the balls after filling about 1/4 of the wreath, I could see that I was going to need more glass balls. I came home with the extra ornaments I had purchased, and guess what??? yep, not near enough. (pictures below)By the way....I have now spent over $45.00. and I am not even finished. Next time I will spend the 50 bucks!!



7 comments:

Cara said...

This would of been a perfect project for the after Christmas sales. Still a way cute idea though and I just might steal it! BTW-we should have a craft day together!

Lora and Josh said...

That's funny! I know that feeling all too well.

Lora and Josh said...

I found this one I and thought it might be easier stringing them onto a wire instead of glueing them onto foam? I don't know?
http://www.eddieross.com/eddie_ross/2008/12/no-wire-hangers-well-maybe-just-one.html

Kathy said...

It will be beautiful when you are finished:!

Unknown said...

Its cute though! I know what you mean though, its like you think you're saving money and being all crafty and then you realize you could have bought the dang thing and saved some time!

kris said...

I love the wire hanger idea Lora!!!! Where were you when I needed you? lol. of course I need to finish this one, but I am going to try the wire one...way cute! Thanks for the idea. BTW I am going to be in Salt Lake from the 16th-21st of Dec. I'd love to see you and your little one!

Allie Linford said...

You are right but there is a sense of satisfaction of creating your own design. Yours is beautiful and I like it better then the Store bought ones.