Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday, my 49th. I remember when I couldn't wait for my birthday to come, waking up, turning a year older, it was all so exciting...But yesterday was no big deal. I woke up, went to work, came home, walked my beloved dog Crosby, and my wonderful hubby cooked me a meal that consisted of no salt.... I am in the process of preparing for my possible RAI treatment, so my body has to be starved of iodine, so that when I do the scans and "IF" I have to undergo another radio active iodine treatment, it will zap those little remaining bits of cancer that have been so insistant in staying with me. I did however get to see all four of my beautiful daughters, who are planning a belated birthday bash for their Mom, it is a suprise, and I have no clue about what will take place, but no doubt it will be a blast! So light the candles, I will have my cake when I can eat it too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cheery post, mar! I promise you will have a VERY good time on March 7-8, so good of a time, it will make up for the no-cake birthday day. I love you!

Ginny said...

Happy Birthday Kris. Sounds like your kids have something fun planned. I will have a "real" birthday on Friday. No plans, but I think I want to go to Market Street with Ken. Keep us posted on your results. Take care.