Monday, February 15, 2010

Lost Dutchman Marathon!

Sunday (yesterday), I went to Apache Junction to watch Larry and Katie participate in the "Lost Dutchman Marathon" Larrycompleted the Half Marathon, while Katie did the 10K. They both did a great job! I am so proud!! Pictures are below.

Katie just after her race

Katie (very windy)

Larry in the orange shirt

Here he he comes...

There he goes!! He isn't supposed to be running since he has had
bilateral knee replacement, It looks to me like he is running in this
picture...what do you think??? Post a comment and tell me!

Check out the link below to read about the mystery and the Legend that lies in them thar Superstition Mountains, and what the race is named for.

Lost Dutchman Legend

4 comments:

jen hulet said...

Good Job!

Unknown said...

I love you mom, but I have to say that your foot needs to be higher than 2 inches off the ground for movement to be considered a run. I'm just sayin... ;)

Allie Linford said...

I guess I'm just wondering why you aren't running those races with Larry. What a great way to BOND:)

kris said...

Yea, I have arthritis so bad in my right leg, that walking is painful.